Friday, October 9, 2015

Greatly Blessed POST FROM TNT, 9 OCT

Just spoke with someone who is a Director at Western Union…he agreed that the currency has to be internationally tradable, and so we came to the conclusion that business is being transacted in USD at Western Union in Iraq.
Therefore, this answers my question as to why they could be doing business with Western Union, and not have an internationally tradable currency.  They simply can, because they are trading in USD.
In other words they are doing money transfers using the USD and not the IQD. It seems that it is not as big a deal as I had thought previously.
This had just bothered me so I had to find an answer.  I could not figure out for the life of me how they could be using Western Union without an internationally tradable currency until it was brought to my remembrance that they use the USD in Iraq to do trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.